Jamaica Gleaner
Published: Thursday | April 16, 2009
Home : Entertainment
Jackman hopping mad at 'Wolverine' movie leak

Hugh Jackman is Wolverine. - File photos

SYDNEY (AP):

Hugh Jackman said yesterday that he is heartbroken his new film, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, was leaked online a month before its official release.

The movie, which focuses on the beginnings of Jackman's clawed Marvel superhero Wolverine, is not scheduled for release in the United States until May 1, but a work print of the film began appearing online last week. 20th Century Fox said the FBI and Motion Picture Association of America were investigating and promised to prosecute those responsible.

Serious crime

The Australian actor, who was in Sydney to unveil 20 minutes of completed footage of the film to around 600 fans, said he was upset about the leak but still thinks fans will flock to see the movie in theatres.

"It's a serious crime and there's no doubt it's very disappointing - I was heartbroken by it," Jackman said. "Obviously, people are seeing an unfinished film. It's like a Ferrari without a paint job."

Jackman is on a world tour to promote the movie, making his first stop at Cockatoo Island in Sydney Harbour, where much of the film was shot. He arrived at the venue by helicopter before swooping to the ground on a zipline.

Home | Lead Stories | News | Business | Sport | Commentary | Letters | Entertainment | What's Cooking | Caribbean | International | UWI/Eye on Science |